Please see below all the latest jobs available at Passion for Learning
Business and Finance Manager – Posted 08th October 2021
Title: Business and Finance Manager
Remuneration: £30,000/£33,000 depending on experience plus option to join the Charity’s pension scheme
Contract: Full time, permanent
Responsible to: Chief Executive Officer
Responsible for: Reporting to the CEO, you will have an integral role in driving change across the organisation, over-seeing the end-to-end finance operations and driving continuous improvements in account processes.
We are a charity organisation with a staff of 15-20. The role holder is responsible for the financial health and business support needs of the organisation, comprising Finance management, Human Resources and development and review of the organisational policies and procedures which enable the effective functioning of whole team. The role holder will be a part of the Senior Management Team that is responsible for the organisation’s growth, service delivery, innovation, sustainability and contractual compliance.
- Responsible for all aspects of business finance support and human resources, to ensure effective and efficient delivery of services
- Evaluate information and consult with the Senior Leadership Team to prepare a realistic and balanced budget. Manage the forecasting process, including reporting updates to the CEO and Trustees
- Working with the Senior Leadership Team, monitor spending against the agreed budget to achieve value for money and deliver against agreed objectives. In the absence of the CEO, take delegated responsibility for financial decisions
- Support the Development Manager in the monitoring of the funding pipeline and timely invoicing of expected grant payments or contracted instalments
- Establish, review, and update all organisational policies; ensuring policies are fit for purpose, regularly reviewed, and fit the culture of the organisation. Liaise with colleagues for specialist knowledge as needed
- Manage the delivery of HR support, with the support of an existing external HR consultancy agency, to meet the needs of the organisation. Duties to include management of payroll, employment contracts, staff training, employee handbook updates, development and review of employment policies to ensure compliance with legal requirements
- Develop existing performance management frameworks, to ensure that all team members understand their role objectives and their performance is subject to regular review
- Establish and maintain the Health and Safety of the office base, including undertaking regular Health and Safety audits, ensuring compliance with legal requirements
- Lead the mobilization of new and existing service contracts e.g. IT, Telephony, other office costs, to ensure contracts represent best value for money
- Ensure resources, support and training are provided to enable work colleagues to make the best use of available ICT
- Work as a positive member of the Senior Management Team, driving continuous improvement through flexible and creative responses and supporting the growth/evolution and development of the organisation to meet the developing vision
- Together with other Senior Management colleagues, act as a champion for the organisation; representing and positively promoting the organisation at all times
- Work inclusively and undertake all work in accordance with Passion for Learning’s values, policies, principles, and procedures
- Carry out such other duties as deemed appropriate and may be reasonably required by the Chief Executive
Please click here for the full job description.
Enrichment Club Supervisor – Posted 08th October 2021
Title: Enrichment Club Supervisor
Remuneration: £12.00 per hour, 16 hours per week
Contract: 5 sessions per week, Monday to Friday (approx, up to 36 weeks per year)
Responsible to: Enrichment Club Manager
Responsible for: To be responsible for the weekly organisation and operation of the Enrichment Club
To plan and lead after-school Enrichment Clubs which currently operate in term time in 7 different settings in Cheshire West and Chester. To manage the Volunteers supporting at the Club and ensure the safe and effective operation of the Clubs.
Main Duties under the Supervision of the Enrichment Club Manager:
- To be in regular contact with the Enrichment Club Manager, to ensure activities planned at the Club are well communicated, including the resource and Volunteer requirements in order for the Clubs to run safely and effectively.
- To establish and maintain good relationships with the Volunteers supporting at the Clubs, ensuring their voice and views are represented at the heart of Passion for Learning.
- To supervise a team of Volunteers, ensuring that a caring and stimulating environment is provided for children, that takes into account individual development needs and enables children to reach their full potential. To welcome and induct new Volunteers, ensuring they have a good understanding of how best to support the children.
- To meet with the other Lead Coordinators and the Enrichment Club Manager regularly to share ideas, gather feedback and continuously improve the way the Clubs run.
- To ensure along with the Enrichment Club Manager the spend for each Club is within the budget advised, sourcing and supplying the products and materials needed for the Club. Ranging from the drink and healthy snack, to junk modelling materials, to specialist toys, books or games, craft materials etc to meet the needs of the sessions planned.
- To manage the safe running of the Clubs, ensure each setting (both indoors and outdoors) has the relevant Enrolment forms or other permission forms for the children attending and that these are updated as required. Ensuring confidentiality and data protection of the children, their families and Volunteers.
- To support the safeguarding of the welfare of children in line with Passion for Learning’s Safeguarding Policy.
- To support the development of effective partnerships with parents of the children attending through regular contact and events e.g. termly ‘Open Club’ sessions.
- To work with the Enrichment Club manager to identify any support needs or development goals for themselves or the Club.
- To provide safe, creative, appropriate play opportunities that will excite the children, preparing and organising the activities programme. While overseeing the Club, to also work 1:1 with the children as opportunities and needs arise.
- To provide full care for the children including preparing and serving a healthy snack and refreshments as needed.
- To manage the practical aspects of setting up and tidying away the Club at the beginning and end of every session e.g. ensuring tables and chairs are laid out and safely stowed away after use.
- To carry out day to day administration of the Club – e.g. taking the register and ensuring the safe handover of children at the end of the Club to their parent/carer.
- To work under the instruction of the Enrichment Club Manager to liaise with the school with regard to the needs of the children who attend the Club as well as ensuring appropriate space and facilities.
Post is subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check